“Quiet Hours”

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• “Quiet Hours”

I’m looking at purchasing a home in northern MI. One house of interest is on a good size lake (for floats) but has “quiet hours” from 7:30pm to 11am the next day. In essence the association states no high speed motorized boating or water skiing. Breaking this law carries a fine of $150 and / or 30 days in jail. My question: does this apply to float plane activity? It is my understanding that when I’m on the water I’m considered a boat and thus need to follow all boating rules and regulations. Thus it would apply. Thoughts? Thanks. PS this lake does have a couple of public boat launches.

I would do a lot of checking before I would try it. Yes, like a boat on the water, but still different with regard to a lot of factors. At the Coast Guard Auxiliary we do not treat seaplanes exactly like boats, On one lake, I actually was advised to dual register my seaplane as a boat and stuck a set of boat registrations on the floats. At another place I operate I checked with the State Police (who have jurisdiction in New York over certain flight operations, a home owners association and the state and county, before I determined that it was legal to operate there and then found out about additional restrictions during certain events. Better to be SAFE than sorry and fined.

Bob
    Robert P. Kittine, Jr. - West Nyack Aviation, L.L.C. - New York

Comment

Working...
    X